Tuesday, July 13, 2010

countdowns and updates

Oh! It's July. Crazy how that happened!

I am moving in exactly six weeks to attend university and finish my Bachelor's degree that I started oh-so-many years ago. I can't believe I'm actually doing this. I'm so excited, and so scared - because this is incredibly out of my very small comfort zone. But I really feel ready for the change. Everything keeps falling so beautifully into place that I know it's from the Lord. There's no other explanation for how this is working out. Especially in the financial area. It's astounding, and I am so thankful that I have this opportunity to expand and explore.

I also was blessed with a visit from a childhood family friend and her boyfriend this past week. They had a week off work so they trekked to the Northwest from So Cal to visit Seattle for a few days and then came to stay with my family. It was so great to get to know Stephanie as a "grown up" as we haven't spent any concentrated time together in over ten years. Our families were really close when we were small and all lived in California, and I remember asking my mom if we were actually related to them. It certainly felt like it, and I have sincerely missed spending time with them over the past years. It was fun getting to meet Andrew as well, and I am happy to know that Stephanie is with someone as genuine and caring as he is. She deserves nothing less.

We got to show them some of the more touristy places around here, like the Tillamook Cheese Factory, the coast, and the gorgeous waterfalls that populate the area. We live in a really beautiful place, and I was glad to be reminded of that and share it with friends.

I hope you're all having a nice July!

No comments: