Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mr. Miller Strikes Again.

"...God gives life to you to live, and you can either tell meaningful stories or boring stories. We can’t wait around anymore for God to make something happen in our lives, meanwhile we shop at Bed Bath and Beyond. The truth is, God gives you wisdom and direction and morality and His presence and support, and then asks you to live, to conquer, to risk and experience the whole of life. People grow when they are in motion." - Don Miller
I wish that Don Miller didn't make me think so much because, frankly, thinking hurts.  And usually, thinking leads to pondering, and pondering to considering. And once you start considering, say, the state of your life and how these new thoughts could be put into action to change the state of your life, dangerous things start to unfold.

Things like change.

Now, read the quote again. Go on, I'll wait for you.

Let it sink in a bit. For me, at least, those are terrifying words to read. Because I like shopping. Okay, not just shopping, but rather hoping that God will make things happen while I "wait on Him." Actually living my life is one of the scariest things for me. I don't like risks.

But apparently, we're supposed to actually do something with our lives. As in use action verbs. So we can experience and grow.

Hmmm...I guess it's time to force myself off the couch and start learning to tell meaningful stories.

2 comments:

annaliese said...

'people grow when they are in motion' --so get in your car and come visit me :) hee hee!! love you!

Dana said...

Ha! Oh, the cleverness of you. I will definitely come visit you - next week?