Saturday, January 31, 2009

last ditch

I've been thinking all day about how I wanted a new post before the month was up. But...I couldn't come up with anything I really wanted to write about.

I've been thinking a lot about a lot of things recently. For example, I've been trying to figure out why I didn't get hired for a certain job when my interview went really well, and I felt like they were really interested in me. No answers come, except that maybe that was God closing a door. I'm okay with that as an explanation, but I'm now trying to locate the window he left open...and not quite seeing it. Yet. That doesn't mean he isn't doing other things for me in the meantime. 

I got my tax return two days ago - what a blessing right now, let me tell you! It wasn't a huge amount, but it will definitely keep me going for a bit longer. The first thing I thought when it came was the phrase "The Lord will Provide." I knew from some distant memory that that was the definition of one of God's names. So I went searching for it and found it in the Hebrew to be Yahweh Jireh

God provides. But he needs us to trust him. It's hard, but I'm finding that it's worth it. 

Goodbye January. You were interesting, and I liked that.

No comments: